Rage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rage 60+ Pures

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Valkyrie

¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤   ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:17 am

Section 19: Magical Moneymaking Method

QUESTS: None

SKILLS REQUIRED: 52 Summoning, 66 Magic

With the skills you have now, you are able to access a whole new dimension of moneymaking. Granted, the techniques listed in Section 3 work very well, but they offer little to no merit towards combat.

Here is what you must do:

Go to the Grand Exchange and buy 20 amulets of glory. It doesn’t matter if they’re charged or not, as you can charge them yourself in the Heroes Guild. Proceed to purchase 30K cosmic runes as well as 10K unpowered orbs, as well as a staff of air, if you don’t have one already. Cosmic runes are approximately 170 gp each, and unpowered orbs are around 260 gp each.

In Version 1 of the IPG, I recommended charging fire orbs, as they were worth 300 gp more than air orbs back then. Oh how the times have changed! Air orbs are now the real deal, and I’ll explain why:

-Air orbs are now worth more than fire orbs
-Jagex has blessed us with the Run Energy update
-Air orbs give more magic exp than fire orbs
-No more need for the months of grueling Agility training that was required in V1! Kudos Jagex!

With that info under our belt, head over to Edgeville bank, withdraw your cosmic runes, equip your air staff, charged amulet of glory, ring of dueling, spirit terrorbird, and 27 unpowered orbs. Always store 6 unpowered orbs in your terrorbird, as this allows for fast orb transfers. With the Run Energy update, Tireless Run scrolls are unnecessary, meaning you can use a War Tortoise if you have the level to summon it. If you can, store 9 unpowered orbs in your tortoise, as this allows you to instantly deposit 9 charged orbs and withdraw the 9 unpowered.

Last edited by Valkyrie on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤   ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:17 am

Section 19: Magical Moneymaking Method (continued)

Your setup should look something like this

Equipped:
-Spotted/Spottier Cape
-Ring of Dueling
-Charged Amulet of Glory
-Boot of Lightness
-Steam/Air Staff/Battlestaff

Inventory:
-30K Cosmic runes
-27 Unpowered orbs

Familiar:
-Spirit Terrorbird – 6 unpowered orbs
OR
-War Tortoise – 9 unpowered orbs

Run south into Edgeville Dungeon and make your way to the Obelisk of Air. I recommend the route through the chaos druids and black demons. Yeah, they’ll occasionally bind and hit you, but it’ll never be for significant damage. Additionally, there’s a summoning obelisk en route, so you can conveniently recharge your Summoning points along the way.

Open up your spellbook and cast Charge Air Orb on the Obelisk of Air to charge all unpowered orbs in your inventory. After you’ve done that, deposit 6 into your Terrorbird, or 9 into your War Tortoise and withdraw all the unpowered orbs they’re holding and charge those too. When you’re finished, glory teleport back to Edgeville and repeat, or if you forgot to bring a charged glory, use your ring of dueling to teleport to the Castle Wars arena.

You’ll be doing this from 75 Magic all the way to 89, so it’s no easy task. However, it’s fully achievable. I personally charged fire orbs on Lazerboyz from 82 to 94, and air orbs on L-A-Z-E--R from 94 to 99. While this may sound tedious, there are several positives to orb charging, the best of which is that the orb charging itself is automatic – a huge slap in the face to alching. What I like to do is open up a good movie on YouTube or chat with friends in the clan chat while doing this. It makes it go by much faster.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤   ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:19 am

Section 19: Magical Moneymaking Method (continued)

Now let’s calculate what you can expect to get out of this.

For each orb charged, you can expect to make a 380 gp profit.

Air orb selling price: 1150 gp
Cosmic rune buying price: 170 gp x 3 = 510
Unpowered orb buying price: 260

When I charged air orbs on L-A-Z-E--R, I used a War Tortoise, each trip averaging 3 minutes 30 seconds. Most of you guys will be using a Terrorbird, so you’ll probably be able to do trips faster than me once you get the hang of it. As such, you can expect to get in 17 trips per hour.

Your profit per hour will be:

380 gp x 33 orbs per load x 17 loads an hour = 213,180 gp profit per hour – good fight high alch

You can expect to earn 42,636 Magic exp per hour

76 exp per orb x 33 orbs per load x 17 loads an hour = 42,636 exp per hour.

The whole process will take you about 85 hours, but from 75 to 89 Magic, you will reap a whopping 18.2M profit

So get comfy, load up a good vid, and get crackin’!

SKILLS ACHIEVED: 89 Magic
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤   ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:19 am

Section 20: Achilles

QUESTS: The Fremennik Isles*

SKILLS: 20 Construction, 40 Agility, 46 Crafting, 56 Woodcutting, 40 Thieving

You’ve got decent range, and your magic level isn’t half bad either. It’s your strength that needs work at this point. Your ultimate goal is 89 Strength – a mere 16 levels from what you currently have. After you reach 89, you’re done training Strength forever. You’ll still use it for PvP/Bounty Hunter, but you’ll never have to train it on monsters ever again.

With your full Void Melee equipped, head over to the Experiments. Bring your Dragon Battleaxe for free super Strength boosts, but use your Dragon Scimitar for the actual training. When my pure was at this stage, I focused on getting 2 Strength levels per day, every day. In just a week, I was done with Strength forever.

SKILLS ACHIEVED: 89 Strength
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤   ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:20 am

Section 21: Maxing out Magic

QUESTS: Dream Mentor*

SKILLS REQUIRED: 89 Magic, 85+ Combat

The last Quest. The very last. After the completion of Dream Mentor, you’ll never have to do a quest again. Enter the Lunar Isle rune essence mine and talk to the fallen man to begin. After you have finished, you will have full access to the Lunar Spellbook, including the all-important Spellbook Swap. This will be very useful later on.

You’re almost there. Already, you have done all the melee training and questing you’ll ever need to do. It’s time to muster up all your remaining energy, determination and willpower to max out Magic.

Head to the Grand Exchange and purchase the supplies to charge 30K air orbs. Start charging. Just start. Once you get going it’s much easier to continue. While this is indeed tiresome, keep your mind focused on the goal you set each day. When I charged air orbs, I set a goal of 2K orbs per day. Time after time, I not only meet this goal, but I surpass it. After 2 weeks of hell, your 30K air orbs should be finished. Sell them in the Grand Exchange and buy the supplies to charge 35K more. Just remember that this will be the absolute last time you’ll ever be training magic. Keep in mind that you’ve done this before in Section 20. There’s simply no reason why you should give up now, not when you’re less than 3 weeks away from maxing out Magic.

At the end of those 3 weeks, you can expect to have earned 24.7M in pure profit. Combine that with your 18M in Section 20 and you’ll have enough to buy a set of Dragon Claws with 10M left over

SKILLS ACHIEVED: Full access to the Lunar Spellbook, 96 Magic
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤   ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:21 am

Section 22: Invincibility and Perfection

QUESTS: None

SKILLS REQUIRED: 90+ Ranged

A huge change from Version 1, Red Chinchompas are no longer the best way to get from 90 to 99 Ranged. While they’re still the fastest, the price rise from 650 gp to 800 gp each means that they are simply not worth the money. I’ve never touched a chinchompa in all my RuneScape life, as they were always too expensive for my taste. Instead, I joined a Pest Control clan and got from 92 to 99 Ranged via Pest Control. Although Soul Wars has been released, Pest Control is still the superior choice, and I’ll explain why:

-More exp per minute at your level
-Easier to gain entry into a good Pest Control clan at your level
-Times are flexible; each game lasts only 2 minutes or so. If you have to leave 10 minutes into a Soul Wars game, tough luck – you’ll receive nothing.

Some fantastic Pest Control clans are: Pest Control Elite [PCE*, Nutz4PC [NUTZ], Medieval Pest Control [MPC], Veterans of Destruction [VOD] and SpiritPC [***].

I personally joined Blazing Hearts, a wonderful Pest Control clan with active worlds 24/7. They no longer exist, as they have since merged with SpiritPC. Which clan you join is up to you, but you should know that just about all the clans listed above are allies, meaning they do Pest Control together to get more boats in their Pest Control world.

Here are your completed stats:

Combat: 87 without Summoning | 94 with Summoning

Attack: 60
Strength: 89
Defence: 42
Hitpoints: 94
Magic: 96
Ranged: 99
Prayer: 52
Summoning: 52

What you have just achieved is beyond any possible congratulation. You are now Invincible, as nobody at your level will have a chance of defeating you. Without further ado, enter the Ranged Guild and claim the Skillcape that is rightfully yours. At last, after 3 months, you are ready to enter the world of PvP.

SKILLS ACHIEVED: 99 Ranged, Perfection, Invincibility
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤   ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:22 am

Section 23: Required Items

In order to make rapid, successive, consistent kills, your pure will need to be outfitted with appropriate gear. Along with a huge stockpile of rune gloves and Ava*s accumulators, go to the Grand Exchange and buy the following items:

10 Sets of full splitbark
10 Black d’hide bodies
10 Black d’hide chaps
10 Snakeskin boots
10 Spined helms
10 Rune crossbows
10 Amulets of power
10 Anti-fire shields
10 Magic shortbows
100 Lumbridge teleport tabs
100 Rings of recoil
100 Anti-poison potions
100 Prayer potions
100 Ranged potions
100 Super strength potions
100 Dragon arrows
500 Dragon bolts (e)
500 Rune arrows
500 Dragon darts (p++)
1000 Rune bolts
5000 Monkfish
5000 Blood runes
10000 Death runes
10000 Astral runes
10000 Earth runes
10000 Water runes

Your pure is now fully equipped. The following sections will describe in depth what techniques to use and what gear to use in different circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤   ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:22 am

Section 24: Traditional Combat

This is how I prefer to PK – 1 on 1 in a single-combat area. Your spellbook should be on Lunar Magic and your worn inventory should look like this:

Spined helm
Ava*s accumulator
Amulet of power
10 dragon bolts (e)
Rune crossbow
Black d’hide body
Anti-fire shield
Black d’hide chaps
Rune gloves
Snakeskin boots
Ring of recoil

Your inventory should consist of the following:

Dragon dagger (p++)
Super strength potion
Ranged potion
Antipoison potion
Prayer potion
Lumbridge teleport tab
40 Astrals
100 Earths
30 Bloods
20 Rune bolts
20 Dragon darts (p++)
17 Monkfish

Always cast Vengeance on yourself before any fight. Not only does this inflict extra damage when you start fighting, but it also adds the element of surprise. Nobody will suspect a level 88 pure of having the power of Vengeance. Listed below are 2 different scenarios and what you should do in each case.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤   ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:23 am

Section 25: Void VS Pure (39- Defence or armor below rune):

They have less than 15 seconds to live if you make the first move. Take a sip of your super strength and ranged potions. Flick on eagle eyes, protect item and smite and nail them with 2 specs of your dds. They’ll either turn on protect from melee or start eating. Either way, you have them on the ropes. If they turn on their prayer, immediately switch to your dragon darts (p++). They hit two times faster than the eating speed, and with 112 Ranged potted + eagle eyes, can inflict damage up to 26. They will either drop dead at your feet, or have given you an opportunity to fully drain their prayer with smite. In this case, put them out of their misery with your remaining 2 dds specs.

If by some miracle they manage to survive, do not show mercy. Keep throwing the darts at them until they die or fight back. If at any time they use protect from ranged, switch to your dds and give them your remaining 2 specs. If they start to fight back, Vengeance and your ring of recoil will automatically active, rebounding damage back on them like nobody’* business. Not only that, but poison will also start to take effect now, inflicting 6 damage on them periodically. If that weren’t enough, dragon darts are the fastest weapon in the game. Your opponent will have so many damage marks on him that he won’t be able to see his HP bar. When his health gets low enough, switch to your rune crossbow and finish him off. With your current stats, dragon bolts (e) can hit well over 60.

Enjoy the loot Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤   ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:24 am

Section 26: Void VS Tank (40+ Defence or rune armor and above)

These are the players I love to fight, as they drop much better loot than pures. As always, give yourself the power of Vengeance before the fight begins. When the battle starts, drink a dose of your super strength and ranged potions. Turn on smite and eagle eyes, but protect item won’t be necessary. The vast majority of these players lack the ability to deliver a finishing blow. If they are wearing an anti-fire shield, use rune bolts all the way. If they are wielding something else, such as an unholy book, rune kiteshield or rune defender, equip your dragon bolts (e). Damage from rebounds and the special of the bolts are what will win you this fight. Always remember to keep yourself Vengeful. With such a low defence level, it’s just a matter of time before they land a decent hit on you. This is your chance! Suppose they hit a 25: Vengeance will rebound 18, your ring of recoil will rebound 2, and your dragon bolts (e) hits an average of 35 (although it has a potential of hitting 60+). If they are wearing granite armor and above, DO NOT switch to your dds. Through experience, I’ve noticed that it rarely does any damage at all in this critical phase of battle. Instead, rely on another high hit from your dragon bolts (e).

The average loot I receive from Ranged tanks is around 150K. The average loot I receive from Melee tanks is substantially more valuable, around 200K with a 1 in 5 chance of getting a very valuable item (Berserker Ring, Abyssal Whip etc).
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤   ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:25 am

Section 27: Shock Combat

Shock combat utilizes the element of surprise to instantly knock out a target without giving them the chance to fight back.

The best place to fight using Shock Combat is in the area surrounding the Grand Exchange. Your spellbook should be on Ancient Magicks and your worn inventory should look like this:

Full Void Ranged
Amulet of Fury
Ava*s Accumulator
10 Dragon Arrows
Dark Bow
Ranger Boots
Archer Ring

1 Ranged potion
1 Lumbridge teleport tab
1 Antipoison potion
40 Deaths
20 Bloods
60 Waters
20 Monkfish

Stand in the safe area of the Grand Exchange and look for a suitable target. Your preferred victim is someone who’s at or below your level (so you can attack them by left clicking) wearing rune or granite armor with a skull above their head.

Once you find him, drink a dose of your ranging potion. Turn on your Dark Bow special, but do not fire yet. Turn on eagle eyes and protect item and freeze him with Ice Barrage. Despite your ranged based gear, your Magic attack bonus is 0. If your target is indeed wearing melee based armor, this spell should hit him nicely, inflicting around 20 damage on average. He’ll either start eating or turn on protect from magic. Whatever the case, he will not turn on protect from range, as there’s the ice cube animation surrounding him. Now*s the time for you to strike. Dish out your Descent of Dragons attack (55% of special bar used). Your Ranged level will be 141 with a 121 Ranged attack bonus, giving you the power to hit over 90. Keep firing your Dark Bow while keeping a wary eye for pile-jumpers. Even without the special attack, you can still inflict up to 60 damage per hit.

Before you claim the spoils of victory, bank all of your gear at the Grand Exchange. Keep some food and a teleport in your inventory in case of pile jumpers. Shock Combat is fast, ferocious and deadly, is it not?
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤   ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:26 am

Section 28: Ambush PKing

Ambush PKing is waiting in a hotspot for an unwary player to either walk by, or teleport to. Listed below are my preferred Ambush hotspots, as they’re single-combat and a popular teleport destination.

Varrock square
Camelot castle
Ardougne square

Set your spellbook to Lunar when Ambush PKing. Your worn inventory should look like this:

Full splitbark
Amulet of Power
Ava*s Accumulator
20 Dragon bolts (e)
Rune crossbow
Unholy book
Ring of Recoil

30 Astrals
20 Cosmics
20 Laws
50 Deaths
20 Bloods
60 Waters
10 Chaos
1 Ranged potion
1 Super strength potion
1 Dragon dagger (p++)
1 Lumbridge teleport tab
17 Monkfish

Camp just outside the northern doorway of the Varrock General store. Take a sip of your ranged and super strength potion now, as you won’t have time to when it comes time to fight. Ambush PKing relies heavily on the element of surprise. Cast your spellbook switch spell and select Ice Barrage. Hover your mouse over Varrock square. Be ready to click when a suitable target enters. Once a suitable player teleports in, immediately ice barrage him. He’ll be frozen for 20 seconds, and most likely wont know where the attacker is, as there’re several people hanging around Varrock square. Cast spellbook swap again, but this time select the Teleblock spell and cast it on him to make sure he doesn’t escape. Now*s the time to strike. Flick on eagle eyes and smite, and rain down the dragon bolts. While your doing this, open up the Magic interface and spellbook swap to Ice Barrage again. Hover your mouse above him, but don't cast it yet. This will not stop you from fighting. After a few more hits, he’ll begin to run towards a bank. After he’s taken a few steps, Barrage him. As you shoot 1 more dragon bolt, click on the ultimate strength and incredible reflexes prayers. Quickly switch to your dds, and give him 4 tastes of your special attack…although he might be dead after your first hit.
Back to top Go down
Tommy
Forum Guest
Forum Guest

PostSubject: Re: ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤   ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 8:26 pm

Nice void guide... great title for it. Way to spam ur post count.
Back to top Go down
http://www.meatspin.com
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤   ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:49 pm

Any guide worthy of 800+ supporters deserves to retain its name regardless of where it's posted Cool Version 1 of the IPG maxed out its thread on RS forums, something Rage has yet to do. But hey, we'll get there eventually.

And sure, if you ever create a guide similar in stature, feel free to use up as many posts as you like.
Back to top Go down
Tommy
Forum Guest
Forum Guest

PostSubject: Re: ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤   ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 12:05 am

How do u support a guide?
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤   ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 12:06 am

Supporters of a guide just post "support" Suspect
Back to top Go down
Eli
Leader
Leader
Eli

PostSubject: Re: ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤   ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 11:54 am

Support! Excellent guide! A few parts are slightly out of date (ie protect item, etc.), but definitely something worth referring to!

If I were to suggest anything, it would be some pictures. Would just spice it up a bit Smile
Back to top Go down
Dave
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤   ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 3:46 pm

VERY nice guide. One of the most indepth guides i have yet to read. Like eli said a few pictures would make it 10x better.
Back to top Go down
https://rage.forumakers.com
Tommy
Forum Guest
Forum Guest

PostSubject: Re: ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤   ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:32 pm

How can this be a great guide for pures? did u even read it..? It's basically a quest guide for being a void pure, plus voiders need deflect now.. and hand cannon..
Back to top Go down
Aztek | Roc
Forum Guest
Forum Guest

PostSubject: Re: ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤   ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:34 am

good effort posting on rage forums, i guess lol. anyways i won't go unnoticed while grounded from the computer. Workn' on a complete for 1def and 20def pures, completely updated for new quest and Multi million money guide (BOOM I'm creative ;]) but check it out in like 2 weeks

RAGE ON
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤   ¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

¤ Invincible Pure Guide ¤
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2