Rage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rage 60+ Pures

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IRC Guide - `Deann

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
`Deann
Admin
Admin
`Deann

IRC Guide - `Deann Empty
PostSubject: IRC Guide - `Deann   IRC Guide - `Deann I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 10:07 pm

Where to get IRC.

To get onto IRC I would highly reccomend SwiftKit. It's a multi toolkit for Runescape that also has an IRC.
An IRC is an Internet Relay Chat which clans use as a Clan Chat.
To download SwiftKit - Use this link: http://swiftkit.net/
Remember to D/L the SwiftKit RS and not SwiftKit MS.
If you do not want to use SwiftKit for IRC you can download other programs such as mIRC.

How to register IRC Nicknames.

First login to swiftirc on swiftkit using any name on any #channel. Then insert the following commands.

/nick Desired-Nickname for example - /nick Liek_Mai_Bow
/ns register Password Password Email Email - N.B. You do NOT need to use your RuneScape password. Enter a SAFE password x2 and a valid e-mail x2.
Look in your inbox and read the email with further instructions.
You will get an activation code to enter on IRC.
/ns confirm XXXXXXXX

IRC Guide - `Deann 34gviqc

Once you are registered you can either manually Identify your user or set up auto-identify.
To manually identify you will need to type - /ns id Password each time you enter a channel.
To set up Auto-Identify click the Auto-Identify button next to the user name and enter password - Shown Below:
IRC Guide - `Deann Vete9c
If you do NOT use SwiftKit you will have to manually enter:
/nick Nick
/ns id Password

If you wish to group Nicknames to your main nick type this into SwiftKit.

/nick NickYouWantGrouped
/ns group MainNick MainNickPassword

How to turn on Highlighting (DEFINITE MUST)

When you are in a channel on the IRC, you type
/options
Then go into the IRC tab.
Enable highlighting and Highlight current nickname.
IRC Guide - `Deann 15mxxubd

Last edited by `Deann on Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:02 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Imbued
Warlord
Warlord

IRC Guide - `Deann Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC Guide - `Deann   IRC Guide - `Deann I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:06 pm

Beautiful guide my love. If you don't understand it try turning off your computer then never turning it back on. Kthxbai.
Back to top Go down
`Deann
Admin
Admin
`Deann

IRC Guide - `Deann Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC Guide - `Deann   IRC Guide - `Deann I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:06 pm

Imbued wrote:
Beautiful guide my love. If you don't understand it try turning off your computer then never turning it back on. Kthxbai.

Agreed. ILY <3
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

IRC Guide - `Deann Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC Guide - `Deann   IRC Guide - `Deann I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 3:24 am

One of Rage's unique qualities is its policy of keeping IRC optional. While making it mandatory would make us better at mini-wars, it would also have the reverse effect of severely depleting our RSB applicant pool.
Back to top Go down
`Deann
Admin
Admin
`Deann

IRC Guide - `Deann Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC Guide - `Deann   IRC Guide - `Deann I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:53 pm

I'm not saying that IRC is mandatory, I'm merely posting a guide for new members so that they can easily set up the IRC to use. IMO, IRC is 100% better than a normal clan chat, due to the message filter being removed which makes it that muich easier to share links, pictures, videos and even speak freely without ", gf" being censored. I'm not sure if this was the point you're making and trying to possibly argue against the IRC but I thought I should state this anyway.

-`Deann
Back to top Go down
harpi3 blad3

IRC Guide - `Deann Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC Guide - `Deann   IRC Guide - `Deann I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 9:57 pm

nice guid helped alot!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IRC Guide - `Deann Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC Guide - `Deann   IRC Guide - `Deann I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IRC Guide - `Deann
Page 1 of 1